Saturday, December 07, 2002

rolling around in the blogoverse

These were some of the many things I came across today:

The Trademark Blog has a suggestion for turning the economy around, and it's an interesting one.

I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for fights over animated characters, via 1715 IP on the soft side

Flash fun on a 404 page pointed out by The Shifted Librarian

Andrew Raff, at Shameless Self Promotion, sums up what it's like to be in lawschool at this time of year with two location shots. To all those blogging law students out there gearing up for finals, good luck. You're almost there.

Larry Kestenbaum, at Polygon, the Dancing Bear, writes about his experiences in lawschool, Detroit, and Eminem's new movie in a lyrical manner that has me wanting to go see 8 mile.

The funniest blawg entry I read today is from the author of Lex Communis, Peter Sean Bradley, who writes about how Denise Howell, of Bag and Baggage, has forced him to adopt an alternative business plan.

I was excited when I heard that "I, Robot" was being made into a movie. The title was written by Isaac Asimov many years back, and a screenplay was penned for it by Harlan Ellison almost twenty years ago. The news from Kuro5hin is that the only thing really being used from the short story collection is the name. I'm hoping that it will at least use the three laws of robotics:
  • a robot may not injure a human or, through inaction, allow a human to come to harm;
  • a robot must obey orders given to it by a human, except where it would conflict with the first law;
  • and a robot must protect itself, as long as that protection doesn't violate either the first or second law.
Some interesting and useful advice on picking a company name, trademarking the name, and getting a domain name, from heels.com, via Rick Klau.

What I've heard of Howard Rheingold's Smart Mobs makes it sound like an interesting read. After hearing more about it at copyfight, I may have to stop at a bookstore this afternoon and pick up a copy.

No comments: