Tuesday, November 19, 2002

i love libraries

I updated my membership at the University of Delaware's Library today. I usually try to do that as a birthday present to myself, but it's been many months since my last birthday. You don't have to be a student or faculty, or staff member to use the University's library, though there is a charge. It's $25 for Delaware residents and $60 for out-of-staters. The school has such a wide variety of books that I feel it's money well spent. They also updated their cataloging system, Delcat, in July, so that you can search for books at home over the net.

I also want to add here how much I appreciate blogging librarians. Here are three that I like to visit on the web: The Shifted Librarian, and librarian.net, and explodedlibrary.info. The owners of these sites have a real passion for what they do, which is protecting and preserving people's chances to share ideas.

No comments: