Thursday, January 10, 2008

2008 Presidential Race

I am a firm believer that every citizen of the United States has a responsibility to vote. I also believe that if a person does not vote, he or she should not complain about the way the country is being run. Since the election process is really starting to get some momentum, I decided to research the election process beginning with what is the difference between caucuses and primaries. Here is the best explanation I came across (caucus and primary information). In the course of this research I discovered that Delaware is holding a primary on February 5, 2008, so I figured I ought to brush up on what all of the candidates stand for so I can make an educated decision.

Democratic Candidates
Hillary Clinton clinton 2008 platform
Barack Obama obama 2008 platform

Republican Candidates
Mike Huckabee huckabee 2008 platform
John McCain McCain 2008 platform
Ron Paul paul 2008 platform

Other Party Candidates
Larry suggested that we include all of the candidates that represent the other parties. I started a search and was amazed to find this information other political party candidates. There were many more than I expected. Unfortunately I do not have enough time to devote to researching them all.

I hope this information proves helpful to everyone. Good luck making a decision and happy voting!!

No comments: