Saturday, June 11, 2005

Home Buyer Tip

If you are purchasing land with your fiance, retitle the deed after the marriage.

This is a fairly inexpensive way to avoid a major hassle in probate. Be sure and do this with a licensed attorney however, or you will be compounding the hassle.

So many times I have heard people say, "you don't need a lawyer for this, just fill out a form and file it." I am here to tell you, there is no surer way to make xtra money for the attorneys than prepare your own legal documents. It is being penny wise and dollar foolish.

No comments: